Updated April 1st 2020. Regarding the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak:
Digital Analytics Hub (DA Hub) is taking advice from the German government and health authorities regarding the Berlin event scheduled for June 15th to 17th. The situation has deteriorated significantly over the past few days. By the orders of the State of Berlin gatherings of more than 50 people are forbidden. This advice applies until April 19th.
Based on this advice (see links below), specifically relating to:
- The timing of the event (summer)
- Its relatively small size (less than 150 people)
- Audience (Western European with no expected delegates from epidemic centres)
We are proceeding with the event with the health and safety of our attendees, staff, partners and volunteers as our top priority.
As of today, we have no participants who will be travelling to the DA Hub from risk areas based on the definition by the Robert Koch Institute, the German government’s central scientific institution in the field of biomedicine (see risk area definition here in German).
We will be announcing further measures as we get closer to the event date in line with the instructions and advice of the relevant authorities. This could include the potential exlcusion of delegates from high risk areas.
To reduce your financial risk we are offering you the option to cancel your conference pass and receive a full refund up to two weeks prior to the event. We reserve the right to change this policy but will give you a minimum of one week to cancel your conference pass.
We continue monitoring the situation daily and will update the website accordingly.
Useful and informative links:
- German Federal Health Ministry (Bundesministerium für Gesundheit): https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/ Info available in German and English
- Coronavirus Hotline (DRK Kliniken Berlin): +49 (0)30 9028-2828
- DRK Kliniken Berlin- Coronavirus Hotline further info: https://www.drk-kliniken-berlin.de/aktuelles/news/coronavirus-hotline Information available in German
- Robert Koch Institute: https://www.rki.de/EN/Home/homepage_node.html
- Marriott Hotels latest update on Coronavirus: https://news.marriott.com/news/2020/02/28/marriotts-updated-statement-on-novel-coronavirus-covid-19
- Berlin State official website - advice on how to protect yourself from Coronavirus: https://www.berlin.de/en/lifestyle/6091865-6093292-coronavirus-protection-contagion-tips.en.html